checkrad + NoCat

Milan Holub holub at thenet.ch
Mon Apr 30 15:42:12 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering whether nocat (http://nocat.net/) could be queried for
simultaneous use somehow. I've found only some outdated patch on
http://lists.nocat.net/pipermail/nocat/2003-October/003795.html

I've inspired from the idea and attached is a patch to checkrad.pl.in.
You need additional perl module HTTP::Lite(downloadable from CPAN). I've
tested and it's working well.

In order to deploy checkrad you need to set your nas type to "nocat" and
enable simultaneous-use checking for your user(Simultaneous-Use:=1 in users file|radcheck|radgroupcheck)
and your freeradius server has to be allowed in NAS firewall to access
http://$nas_ip:$nas_port/status

NAS> iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport <$nas_port> -s <$radius_server> -j ACCEPT

I hope this can help someone...

Milan Holub
holub (at) thenet (dot) ch

 TheNet-Internet Services AG,