Additional functionality of rlm_sql

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 03:51:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

We use freeradius mainly to proxy requests for wholesale customers of
ours. For some of them we provide additional services such as session
tracking and ip allocation. Currently we do it with our modified
version of rlm_sql.

The modification is just an extension of the module (no changes to
existing procedures).
We've added handling for 'preaccounting' (which is an exact copy of
'accounting') and post-proxy, which runs a single sql query for all
'Access-Accept' packets (we allocate ip here, using a stored procedure
in postgresql).

The patch is against the 1.1.6 version, but it shouldn't be too
difficult to get it against the current one.

Is anyone interested?
And a question to maintainers - what are the odds of incorporating
that functionality in the HEAD version?

kind regards
Pshem