Error running FreeRadius 1.1.7

George Beitis george.beitis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:30:47 CEST 2007

Hi Alan, i removed all the dictionary files as you recommended and any
other freeradius related file on the system, i even made a package using
the freeradius build guide and installed and uninstalled it.  The
problems i have remain the same.  This is what i get for my output.  The only dictionaries on my
system are under usr/share/freeradius

regards
George

/usr/sbin/freeradius -x
Starting - reading configuration files ...
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
Module: Loaded exec
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type mschapv2
Module: Instantiated eap (eap)
Module: Loaded preprocess
/etc/freeradius/hints[37]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT:
Unknown value Yes for attribute Strip-User-Name
rlm_preprocess: Error reading /etc/freeradius/hints
radiusd.conf[1021]: preprocess: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1802] Unknown module "preprocess".
radiusd.conf[1792] Failed to parse authorize section.