PAM Radius

Sayan S sayann_u at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 15:03:51 CEST 2007

Thanks Alan for the quick response.
I am referring to realm here, as RADIUS support realms, and we are using RADIUS to authenticate the users to Linux, so seems like we need to have all users contained in the same realm.

Is having username in user at realm form a valid unix format? I was thinking the first part of the user at realm should be the unix username though the radius request is sent as user at realm. Otherwise we need to have a comprehensive RADIUS-username at realm to Unix-userid mapping.

regards,
sayan

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote: Sayan S wrote:
> Greetings, I am very new to RADIUS and PAM RADIUS.
> I am trying to configure PAM Radius to authenticate users on a Linux
> host. I would like to know, how to configure PAM Radius to authenticate
> users from different realms, as the current configuration doesn't seem
> to take realm.

  You don't use realms in Unix logins.

> please help me with this as I have configured users to be part of
> different realms on radius server and now want to authenticate all those
> users to the same Linux host.

  You just login as "user at realm".  That might work.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html