Chap-password to User-password

Carl aniams aniamss at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:04:56 CEST 2007

Hi all

I installed freeradius 1.1.6 with mysql for storing users login.
i created some users  through dialup admin page and had their password
stored in User-password attribute.(i checked in the database select from
radcheck)

when i fire up radius in debug i notice that there is a CHAP challenge and
the password is in a CHAP-password format rejecting then access with message
auth: local
auth: user supplied password does not match local user-password

when in my radiusd.conf authorize section i uncomment chap
i have
auth: type CHAP
rlm_chap:login attempt by username with CHAP password
rlm_chap: using clear text password 'mypass' for user username
authentication
rlm_chap: passxord check failed

I would like to stop the put my password in User-password rather than
CHAP-password, but don't know how it should be done.

please a help
--

ANIAMBOSSOU Carl
NIAMS TECHNOLOGIES
tel: +229 90 04 08 58   +229 97 48 01 33
COTONOU
REPUBLIC OF BENIN
WEST AFRICA