Freeradius, Cisco WLC, Mac address auth.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 27 15:12:26 CEST 2007

Brian Ertel wrote:
> DEFAULT	User-Name =~ "([0-9a-fA-F]:)5[0-9a-fA-F]", Auth-Type := Accept
> 	... vlan stuff
>
> So for username are you saying I can use any old text string?

  What leads you to conclude that?  Have read the documentation for the
"users" file?  Do you know what a regular expression is?

> Also you instructed to list all known mac addresses first should they be
> "listed" in the following way:
>
> 00:0e:35:1c:e0:52 User "Cleartext-Password := ..."

  No, that's not what I said.

  Go read "man users", and the comments at the top of the "users" file
to see what an entry looks like.  What you have above is nonsense.  The
word "User" doesn't belong.  You don't need quotes around all of the
Cleartext-Password stuff.  What you need is:

 00:0e:35:1c:e0:52 Cleartext-Password := "whatever_the_password_is"
	... vlan stuff

  And don't ask if the password should be "whatever_the_password_is".