pre1 dies on startup: generate_sql_clients() returned error

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 22:18:56 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Norbert Wegener wrote:
>
>> That's true, but maybe Alan's suggestion to add a debug message
>> complaining about this
>> would be nice here, too?
>>

>   Committed to CVS.

Does it complain and die , or just complain ?

This is the kind of issue that I can see someone phoning me at 2am for
*sigh* ...

Oh fun... the four fields that make up the ip address haven't got a
unique index across them...

and the person who wrote our management application allows 0.0.0.0 as an
ip address...

---

I know you like to kill the server off if theres any kind of
configuration parsing error; but possibly duplicate/invalid clients is
one of the exceptions where it might be better to complain bitterly...

Or better still complain normally, and complain and exit in debugging mode.