compiling free radius 1.1.7 on NetBSD

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 28 10:13:33 CEST 2007

Ray Phillips wrote:
> I've attempted to compile free radius 1.1.7 on a machine running
> NetBSD/amd64  without success...

  FreeRADIUS is in pkgsrc.  If the version there isn't 1.1.7, the
patches will let you build it on NetBSD.

> At first configure couldn't find krb5.h and make failed:

  I've fixed that in CVS head.  If it can't find krb5.h, it doesn't
build the module.

> so I ran configure again, explicitly telling it the path to krb5.h (with
> a freshly untar'ed source tree):

  All that does is refresh the source.  It does NOT delete any files
left over from a previous configure run.

> % sh -c './configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/krb5 > configure.log 2>&1'

  Use CFLAGS, not CPPFLAGS.

> Could you suggest a solution to this please?

  Edit src/modules/rlm_krb5/Makefile by hand.  It's tiny.