Help me : rc_read_dictionary: invalid type

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 12:48:09 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 19:20 +0900, hyunok wrote:
> Fedora core 5
> freeradius-client-1.1.5.tar.bz2
> ./confiugre
> make
> make install

Great, so you posted this barely-comprehensible gibberish to the poptop
list and now to the FreeRadius list.

(Though Eric Raymond is a gun-toting nut, this particular doc is good)

Per your previous reply on the poptop list, the problem is coming from
the PPPD radius plugin; this is nothing to do with FreeRadius. I don't
know why you're installing "freeradius-client" or "freeradius" - pppd
doesn't use them.

The VERY FIRST HIT on google for:

freeradius dictionary.microsoft

...leads here, which although it happens to be in the FreeRadius Wiki
still doesn't make it a FreeRadius problem:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/PopTop#The_radiusclient_setup_part_.28on_the_Poptop_server.29

Basically, unless you've patched it otherwise, pppd used the (old)
radiusclient library. radiusclient cannot read FreeRadius-formatted
dictionaries, so you are wasting your time copying the FreeRadius
dictionaries to radiusclient.