accepting clients with expired certificates

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 28 16:27:14 CEST 2007

Norbert Wegener wrote:
> freeradius now sends a  Message-Authenticator  with value 0x00:
> but there seems to be a problem on the other end, as eapol_test shows:
>
> STA 00:00:00:00:00:02: Received RADIUS packet matched with a pending
> request, round trip time 0.05 sec
> RADIUS packet matching with station
> could not extract EAP-Message from RADIUS message

  Yes.  As I said, the supplicant may not like it if you don't complete
the whole TLS conversation.

  At the minimum, you'll need to send an EAP Success packet inside of
the EAP-Message attribute.  But don't expect that to work.

  If the client certificate has expired, the odds are that the client
*cannot* be authenticated, even with the sacrifice of small animals, and
the sprinkling of their leavings in graveyards at midnight...