FreeRADIUS 2.0.0-pre2 has been released

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 19:10:05 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Alan T DeKok wrote:
>> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>
>>> /usr/local/freeradius-2.0pre2/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[1572]: Failed to
>>> link to module 'rlm_exec':
>>> dlopen(/usr/local/freeradius-2.0pre2/lib/rlm_exec-2.0.0-pre2.so, 9):
>>> Symbol not found: _debug_flag   Referenced from:
>>> /usr/local/freeradius-2.0pre2/lib/rlm_exec-2.0.0-pre2.so   Expected in:
>>> flat namespace Errors setting up modules
>>>

>>   That's not an rlm_exec problem.  It's a shared library problem.
>> rlm_exec just happens to be the first one listed...
>>
>>   The difficulty is with shared libraries referencing symbols in the
>> main "radiusd" program.  It works on most platforms, but some platforms
>> get excited over it, for reasons I've never understood.
>>
>>   And it showed up on some platforms in 1.x, too.

This isn't a general linker issue, CVS build works fine . It's just that
symbol.. and I remember before I had issues with this, as you say on 1.x
platforms.

If you set the --enable-developer flag on configure everything works fine.
--

Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer