How to add attributes to Access-Accept replies

Lucien RENAULT loupitour at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:53:36 CET 2007

Hi,
I'm running a configuration where a Cisco 1600 router is running a PPPoE
server and check user passwords against a freeRadius server running
under FreeBSD.
This Radius server checks passwords against a LDAP database running on
another BSD server.
The authentication is working great, the Radius replies with an
"Access-Accept" reply to the Cisco router but it seems that the router
needs two attributes to accept this reply :

Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,

So I did the following configuration in users.conf :

DEFAULT Framed-Protocol == PPP
    Service-Type = Framed-User,
    Framed-Protocol = PPP,
    Fall-Through = Yes

But freeradius still replies with no attributes in Access-Accept
packet... I read a lot of documentation about this and I'm quite
confused since I don't really see any other mean to add attributes to