Problem using Freeradius with Oracle

Mother mother at netstumbler.com
Sat Dec 15 20:28:08 CET 2007

Hi all,

My setup is FreeBSD 6.2, with Freeradius 1.1.7 installed using Ports (I
had to hack the configure so it would be built with Oracle, as there is
no option in the Ports make, but I digress...).

I have everything working now, but when the accounting stop message is
received, the SQL call causes Oracle to balk. The call (with
non-relevant portions removed) is:

UPDATE radacct SET ... AcctInputOctets = '0'  << 32 | '0',
AcctOutputOctets = '0' << 32 | '0', ... WHERE ...

Now, Acc[input/output]Octets as I see in oraclesql.conf is derived like
this:

AcctInputOctets = '%{%{Acct-Input-Gigawords}:-0}'  << 32 |
'%{%{Acct-Input-Octets}:-0}'

So it seems (AFAIK) that it's attempting to bit-shift the Gigawords and
Octets received from the NAS.

My problem is that if this syntax is used, Oracle complains with
'ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended'. If I remove the <<, and add
an extra pipe (|| is concatenate in Oracle), it seems to work, but not
as it should.

Has anyone got this working in their setup?

Cheers,

Mike