Help w/ pam radius

Jeff Fishbaugh email.fish at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 22:13:52 CET 2007

Hello:

I am having trouble getting pam_radius working and was wondering if someone might be of help since I followed the INSTALL instructions as well as a howto (as provided by the Wikid folks)  and I am still coming up short getting it working.

Here are some of my details

- My PAM is such it is by service (Fedora 7 -- 0.99.7.1-5.1)....sshd being what I am most interested in, the default config for it looks like the below on a host I want talking to radius. What does this need to look like in terms of the pam_radius_auth.so related stanzas to get it working? Neither the INSTALL instructions or a howto I found would work.

/etc/pam.d/sshd (default below)

#%PAM-1.0
auth       include      system-auth
account    required     pam_nologin.so
account    include      system-auth
password   include      system-auth
session    optional     pam_keyinit.so force revoke
session    include      system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so

- My Radius box runs freeradius (freeradius-1.1.7-3.1) with LDAP (fedora-ds) backending it with the user/pass info, got it working for Cisco's but have yet to get PAM working.  I just get 'Access denied' -- tried the later with a user defined on the host with no password or with a password and won't work.

Pretty simple, no huntgroups or anythig like that just plain and simple binding against LDAP.

I think what I am looking for are...

1- Pam configuration on the host (ie- /etc/pam.d/sshd)
2- Pam configuration requirements as far as the radius server is concerned. Be helpful to see what all I might need that I am possibly missing in conf files.

Thank you!