Error building rpm

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sat Dec 22 15:30:11 CET 2007

On Sat 22 Dec 2007, Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Sat 22 Dec 2007, Jim McIver wrote:
> > I'm a newbie.
> >
> > I'm trying to build the FreeRadius 1.1.7 rpm for SLES 10 OES so I can
> > interface the Radius with Netware 6.5 eDirectory.
> >
> > I ran rpmbuild -ba SPEC/freeradius.spec and added all the
> > dependencies and ran the command again.
> >
> > It goes along for a while and now I get:
> >
> > Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> > /var/tmp/freeradius-1.1.7-build
> > error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> >    /etc/raddb/postgresqlippool.conf
> >

> > RPM build errors:
> >     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> >    /etc/raddb/postgresqlippool.conf
> >
> > Any thoughts, or is there an easier way?
>
> Yep. Use my prebuilt SLES rpms from:
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/aaa/SLES_9/

Just as an update to my previous reply..

OES uses SLES 9 as a base, so if you have OES use the packages from:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/aaa/SLES_9/

OES 2 uses SLES 10 as a base I believe, but I have not tested it myself. You
can find SLE 10 packages at:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/aaa/SLE_10/

The spec file error you reported has been fixed in cvs and will be part of
the 1.1.8 release (if there is one)

FreeRADIUS Version 2.0 (still in beta) uses difference file names for most of
the configuration, so the fix does not apply to it.

Unless you have a particular reason to build your own rpms (Adding Oracle
support for example, which I cannot distribute on the openSUSE Build
Service) then I recommend you use my prebuild rpms to save yourself the
trouble. If you add the repository to YaST/rug/zypper you will automatically
get updated rpms when I release them also. Please report any problems with
the packages on the build service to me directly, or back to this list.

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/