SQL help from someone who groks c, please?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Thu Feb 8 20:41:44 CET 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, ChristosH wrote:

No, wrong.

You can include any %{check-item} in your query.  I didn't have to modify
the code at all, but my queries are PERVERSE.  Yours will probably be
simpler.

If you want to give me your proposed database setup and schema, and what
you need to auth against, I might be able to offer you a quick answer.  If
it's a longer and more involved thing, contact me off-list and I might be
able to work something for you.

This is my auth query (which is actually two) (beware, it's for our site
database which polls a
LOT of info from different tables you won't need -- however I find this to
be a far more real-world example than dedicated radius tables) -- You can
see that in this case I manually insert the Password Attribute, and
Operator by using string literals.

authorize_check_query="\
SELECT `adm_permissions`.`admPermitID` AS `id`,
`adm_permissions`.`admp_username` AS `UserName`, 'Password' as Attribute,
\
`adm_permissions`.`admp_password` AS `Value`, '==' as Op FROM
`adm_permissions` , `switches` Inner Join `interface_ip` ON \
`switches`.`id` = `interface_ip`.`deviceid` WHERE admp_username =
'%{SQL-User-Name}' AND \
`interface_ip`.`interface_is_primary` = '1' AND \
interface_address = '%{NAS-IP-Address}'

This above gets permissions for any staff user, and checks our one-to-many
interface table to find out what device they're actually logging into.

UNION SELECT IPCustomerID as id,
`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtusername`, 'Password' as \
Attribute,\
`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtpassword` as Value, '==' as Op FROM `ip_customer`
Inner Join `interface_ip` ON \
`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtip` = `interface_ip`.`interface_address` Inner Join
`switches` ON `switches`.`id` = \
`interface_ip`.`deviceid` WHERE interface_address = '%{NAS-IP-Address}'
AND ipc_rmtusername = '%{SQL-User-Name}' \
GROUP BY `ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtusername`,\
`interface_ip`.`interface_address`"

This does the same for any customer user.

Then my reply-items

authorize_reply_query = "SELECT `ip_customer`.`ipCustomerID` AS `id`,
`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtusername` AS UserName,\
`rad_reply`.`Attribute`,`rad_reply`.`Value`, `rad_reply`.`Op` FROM
`ip_customer` Left Join `interface_ip` ON \
`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtip` =`interface_ip`.`interface_address` Inner Join
`switches` ON `switches`.`id` = \
`interface_ip`.`deviceid` Inner Join`rad_reply` ON `switches`.`role` =
`rad_reply`.`devicetype` WHERE \
`rad_reply`.`Usertype` = '2' AND ipc_rmtusername ='%{SQL-User-Name}' and
interface_address = '%{NAS-IP-Address}' group by \
ipc_rmtusername, interface_address

This only lets a customer in if it has a devicetype of 2 (which is a
remote reboot unit AND if they are listed as having a device on that unit.
We have a table that specifies if you are a customer user then your reply
is "Outlet"  If you're staff then it's Admin-User.

UNION
SELECT`adm_permissions`.`admPermitID` AS `id`,
`adm_permissions`.`admp_username` \
AS `UserName`, `rad_reply`.`Attribute`,`rad_reply`.`Value`,
`rad_reply`.`Op` FROM `adm_permissions` , `switches` Inner \
Join `interface_ip` ON `switches`.`id` =`interface_ip`.`deviceid` Inner
Join `rad_reply` ON `switches`.`role` = \
`rad_reply`.`devicetype` WHERE`rad_reply`.`Usertype` = '1' AND
admp_username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' and interface_address = \
'%{NAS-IP-Address}'

Do the same as above with staff.

UNION SELECT `remote`.`port`as id,
`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtusername` as UserName, _latin1 \
'APC-Outlets' as Attribute,group_concat(remote.port order by remote.port
asc separator ',') as Value, _latin1 ':=' as \
Op FROM `remote` Inner Join`ip_customer` ON `remote`.`suite` =
`ip_customer`.`ipc_suite` AND `remote`.`row` = \
`ip_customer`.`ipc_row` AND`remote`.`rack` = `ip_customer`.`ipc_rack` AND
`remote`.`server` = `ip_customer`.`ipc_server` \
Inner Join `interface_ip` ON`remote`.`deviceid` =
`interface_ip`.`deviceid` Inner Join `switches` ON remote.deviceid = \
switches.id WHERE`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtreboot` = 'y' AND
ip_customer.ipc_rmtusername = '%{SQL-User-Name}' AND ipc_rmtip = \
'%{NAS-IP-Address}' AND switches.role = '4' GROUP BY interface_address,
`ip_customer`.`ipc_rmtusername`"

If they are a customer, return a comma-separated list of which outlets
they
are authorized for. (See the APC radius spec).

--

"A single death is a tragedy.  A million deaths is a statistic."

-Josef Stalin, As quoted on the cover to Savatage's "Dead Winter Dead"