Problems regarding MAC address authentication

Shobhit Jindal shobhit.jindal at ece08.itbhu.org
Tue Feb 13 14:49:28 CET 2007

On 2/13/07, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> > radiusCallingStationId: 00-90-4B-ED-AB-52
>
>   Please read the documentation and the debug output.  This entry in
> LDAP says "send the Calling-Station-Id attribute in the Access-Accept".
> It is documented as doing that, and the debug log shows it's doing that.

how can a field alone say that it is a reply item or a check item?
my ldap.attrmap says
checkItem       Calling-Station-Id              radiusCallingStationId

 You can't just list things in configurations, and magically expect it
> to do what you want.

yeah, am a newbie for freeradius server but am trying my best :)

  If you put the MAC into another field in LDAP, you can query the LDAP
> server for that field, and see if it matches the field in the packet.

how to implement the above?(this is the question that eludes me)

PS: i would really like to know why filtering the ldap database using uid
works and fails while using radiusCallingStationId

cheers for helping out :)
--
Registerd Linux User #426561
-