[SOLVED] - Re: VLAN assigment and Alcatel Omniswitch 7800

Oxiel Contreras oxielc at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 15 03:30:17 CET 2007

Hello Santa.

This worked great!!!

I was doing 802.1x only, no AVLAN.

For any soul out there trying to implement 802.1x with FreeRadius on
OpenSuSE10.1 and Omniswitch 7800 and Active Directory as taught on:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO

Take note of the following points:

1) If you use PEAP, install the patch from MS to Radius as noted on the FAQ,
you need someone with Gold Support from M$ to get it or email me off the
list :)

http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Wiki:FAQ#PEAP_Doesn.27t_Work

2) If PEAP is your election, install the CA and generate the certificates on
the Radius server.

3) Modify the permissions of execution for the winbind daemon in order to
acomplish the ntlm_auth process, FIXME, now using root permissions.

4) Use Xylan-Auth-Group as VSA in /etc/raddb/users as the attribute for
assigning VLAN, or generate the new dictionary.alcatel as Santa Yeh described
below, and then use Alcatel-Auth-Group as the attribute for VLAN

5) Use the setup for omniswitch as described below by Santa Yeh

6) Thank all these great people who develop and support this great software.

Thanks Alan, A.L.M., Jeremy, Marcel and Santa.

Best regards

Oxiel