Problems regarding MAC address authentication

Shobhit Jindal shobhit.jindal at ece08.itbhu.org
Thu Feb 15 08:11:24 CET 2007

ldap queries are working fine, below is the log..

Plz just explain the overview of how to enable mac address based
authentication where all the three parameters (uid, userPassword and
radiusCallingStationId are matched from the ldap database)..

PS: A paper presentation contest is to begin from tomorrow (www.*prastuti*.org)
in our college.. I will be highly grateful if i could provide wifi access
during the event... (at present am doing auth based on uid+password and need
to extend it to mac address).. plz help

12:38:37 at jindal # ldapsearch -x -h 10.9.1.250 -D "uid=Manager,dc=itweb" -w
secret123 -LLL -vv -b "dc=itweb" "uid=ashimece"
ldap_initialize( ldap://10.9.1.250 )
filter: uid=ashimece
requesting: All userApplication attributes
dn: uid=ashimece,cn=Ece08,cn=Students,dc=itweb
uid: ashimece
userPassword:: amluZGFs
objectClass: account
objectClass: simpleSecurityObject
objectClass: top
objectClass: radiusprofile
cn: Ashim Dutta
radiusCallingStationId: 00-90-4B-ED-AB-52

12:38:58 at jindal # ldapsearch -x -h 10.9.1.250 -D "uid=Manager,dc=itweb" -w
secret123 -LLL -vv -b "dc=itweb" "radiusCallingStationId=00-90-4B-ED-AB-52"
ldap_initialize( ldap://10.9.1.250 )
filter: radiusCallingStationId=00-90-4B-ED-AB-52

On 2/13/07, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Shobhit Jindal wrote:
> > how to implement the above?(this is the question that eludes me)
> >
> > PS: i would really like to know why filtering the ldap database using
> > uid works and fails while using radiusCallingStationId
>
>   See your LDAP documentation.
>
>   Run LDAP queries by hand until you get the result you want, and then
> configure the server to use those queries.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book
>   http://deployingradius.com/blog/ - The blog

Registerd Linux User #426561
-
Shobhit Jindal
B.Tech. Part-III,
Department Of Electronics Engineering, ITBHU
INDIA