AW: ntlm_auth for PEAP with rlm_perl

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 16 14:30:11 CET 2007

Habegger Lukas, ERZ-AZD-AIL wrote:
> Because I have a perl script to switch between two different Samba-servers for authorization.

  Which doesn't work too well.  Samba isn't designed to do that.

> I had several problems with this setup because parallel requests cause that the wrong domain is
> available (The domain-switch wouldn't be blocked for a request).

  Yup.  That can be solved by running the server in single-threaded mode.

> Is there an easier way to do the ntlm_auth with the perl module? Or is there a way to build some kind of
> dependencies between the mschap module and the perl module?

  No.  The ntlm_auth configuration in the mschap module is just a text
field.  It doesn't have to run ntlm_auth... it can run a Perl script to
switch between two different Samba servers.