freeradius sql /mssql

Andrew D andrewd at webzone.net.au
Tue Feb 20 06:39:06 CET 2007

Hi there,

We've got FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.4, for host i386-portbld-freebsd5.5
using unixodbc/freetds connecting to a mssql DB.

I've got a number of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1.  If the user is found in the sql tables and has reply attributes etc,
is it still possible to go through the 'users' file? if so how?
I can't seem to get it to do it.

2.  Is there an ability in any way to have a caching like feature or is
DB failover and running 2 db servers with replication the only way to go?

3.  Is there anyway to log the actual reason for rejection in
   'Post-Auth-Type REJECT'?  ie simultaneous use, invalid password etc?

Cheers in Advance for any help.
cya
Andrew