Proxy question

Jory Privett jory at wccs.net
Fri Feb 23 00:09:52 CET 2007

I have a new FreeRadius server that I set up and everything is working
great,  well all most.  What I want to do is have it check a local file  and
if the user is not there then to proxy the request to another server.  I can
make it check the local file or proxy the request successfully,  I can't
seem to get it to do both.  I can control which way it works by defining the
NULL section of  proxy.conf to either LOCAL or the address of the other
server.  All of my users send there username in the NULL format.  How do I
tell FreeRADIUS to check one then if the user is not found to check the
other?  I have read the configurable failover section  and see how it is
supposed to be accomplished but can not seem to figure out exactly which
part to modify.  Any help will greatly appreciated.

Jory Privett
WCCS