On IEEE 802.1x roaming

Josh Shamir josh.shamir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:19:47 CET 2007

Hello,
I'm using FreeRADIUS with Coova Chilli in proxy mode with IEEE
802.1Xauthentication (PEAP auth. method to be more specific).
In my network there are 6 Access Point that use TKIP as security protocol.
Now I need that the Supplicants can do "roaming" between the Access Points.
The IEEE 802.1X asserts that can be used two mechanisms to obtain roaming :

- PMK Caching
- Pre Authentication

I would to know how I could implement this mechanisms in my system. Are
requested special configuration of FreeRADIUS or to implement roaming I must
only configure the Access Point (If so, how I can do this)?
Note that Access Point are all on the same subnet.

Thanks for all
Josh