MySQL authentication problem

Ian Truelsen ian.truelsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 03:21:18 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 17:01 -0800, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Ian Truelsen wrote:
>
> > Okay, here is where I am unclear on the concept: If I need an entry in
> > the users file, as well as radcheck database,
>
>   You don't.  The server is modular, which means any (or almost all)
> modules are optional.
>
> > then why am I using MySQL
> > at all? I envisioned the sql authorization as negating the need to hard
> > code a file on the system, but if I need both, then I don't really need
> > MySQL. Would the sql database not make the users file unnecessary?
>
>   Yes.

Thanks for the clarification. Now, I still have the problem that, if I
populate the users file with the same information that I have in my
radcheck table, I get a positive authentication on the user. Without the
users entry, I do not. Is there something else that needs to be
populated in the radius database, like the group tables, or something?
--
Ian Truelsen
s/v Sting
Email: ian.truelsen at gmail.com