Freeradius, wireless access point and password authentication

Roberto roberto.mezzatesta at tin.it
Fri Jan 5 10:55:56 CET 2007

I had a fast look at the authentication gateway howto... Sorry, I do not
understand how can it help me...
I want to find a means to authenticate the wireless clients towards the
access point, not towards the rest of the - wired - network.
The wireless client must not be able to associate to the AP, unless it
supplies the correct credentials: that way, only authenticated users can
associate to the AP and mutually 'see' themselves. Certificates are very
good for this, but are not so practical when clients belongs to
occasional customers...