lookingfor some information to test a dictonary rules

Cameron Cowie cdc at limeline.sl
Wed Jan 10 15:16:09 CET 2007

Hi all:

I am running freeradius on ubuntu

I was looking for a way to limit bandwith, I thought I found it buy
createing a dictionary rule set for the wireless kit I am use.

heres is a snip of what I am doing

I created the proxim.dictionary in /usr/share/freeradius

#       Proxim dictionary
#
VENDOR          Proxim                          841

BEGIN-VENDOR    Proxim

ATTRIBUTE       Proxim-Input-Limit                      1       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Proxim-Uplink-Limit                     1       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Proxim-Output-Limit                     2       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Proxim-Downlink-Limit                   2       integer

END-VENDOR      Proxim

and put the limits in with the user files.
0012cf-016942 Auth-Type := Accept
        Proxim-Input-Limit = 128,
        Proxim-Output-Limit = 64

for what I can tell it all works.

when  running tests from a proxim subsubscriber unit it looks like the
bandwidth restrictions don't take place.

Now do I have to tell it 128k instead of just useing 128? Both types work.
Or do I have to use the uplink and downlink instead or with the
input/output?

Or are my setting right and I need to look elsewhere for an answer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cameron