Forward L2TP request to another LNS

Michael Mitchell mitchell.michael at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 15 10:50:48 CET 2007

Hemant Arora wrote:
>> From freeradius I want to forward the requests for xyz.com to LNS2 via
>
> Tunnel not via Realmproxy.
>
> Is it possible ? If yes please can somebody throw some light on that.
> I am using Mysql with Freeradius.

Hi Hemant,

Yes it is possible, but the method (and indeed the ability to do it will depend on the LNS, so you need to check its documentation. Typically there would be an attribute you must send back in an Access-Accept which will prompt the LNS to forward the tunnel to another IP address. We use Juniper ERX's, and while we don't actually do this ourselves, I have seen in the documentation that it is possible. If you use Juniper's and need a hand let me know and I'll see if I can help.

cheers,
Mike