Is there something available that is comparable to typical release notes for freeradius?

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Jan 15 21:21:53 CET 2007

On Mon 15 Jan 2007 22:00, Ellis, Scott 1 (N-Comptel Inc.) wrote:
> I am running Redhat version 3.0 with Freeradius 1.0.1 bundled.
>
> I would like to upgrade to Freeradius 1.1.4.
>
> Is their documentation available (installation requirements) that I
> could review that would specify
> if Freeradius 1.1.4 will run under Redhat version 3.0, etc? Basically,
> release notes for Freeradius.

Have a look at doc/ChangeLog in the source

It should work on RedHat 3, if it doesn't let us know :-)

Installation requirements vary wildly depending on which modules you want to
use. If you want to use an Oracle backend then you will need to at a minimum
have the oracle client library installed. If you just want to do radius auth
from a text file then it has practically no external dependencies. PAM auth
will require pam of course..

Here is the the list of Build Requirements from my rpm spec file for _mostly_
full support. (No oracle, DB2 or Firebird). Hope it helps:

%if %{?suse_version:1}0
BuildRequires: apache2-devel
BuildRequires: cyrus-sasl-devel
%endif