Auth Type when running exec script to authenticate

Patric patrict at bluebottle.com
Wed Jan 24 12:34:51 CET 2007

Hi all,

Up till now have been using sql to authenticate, and am trying to change
to my own script and mysql db.

In radiusd.conf I have :

modules {
    exec exec-radauth {
    wait = yes
    program = "/path/to/script.php -- %{User-Name} %{Password}"
    input_pairs = request
    output_pairs = reply
}

authorize {
    exec-radauth
}

This all works perfectly when I include "files" in the authorize section
and place the following in the users file :

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Accept

But if I exclude "files" from the authorize section I get :

auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem?

radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3, for host i686-redhat-linux-gnu, built
on Sep 20 2006 at 14:13:13

Thanks in advance
Patric