?? - No "known good" password found for the user

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 25 16:11:38 CET 2007

tzieleniewski wrote:
> I also included the digest modules in the authentication and authorization sections in the radiusd.conf.
> At the end I added the user data in the users file:

  It's not being matched:

>   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns noop for request 0

  And because that "users" file entry isn't matched, the server says:

> rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication may fail because of this.

  Debug log is useful.  Reading it *all* is good, too.

  What's likely happening is that the huntgroup check in the "users"
file entry is failing, so that entry is not being matched.

  And please DO NOT set "Auth-Type := Digest".  It's NOT necessary.  See:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/auth_type.html