a freeradious/wireless solution for a school

gkalinec gkalinec at newroads.org
Thu Jan 25 18:47:21 CET 2007

So then it seems to me that my best solution would then be to implement
either an EAP-PEAP or EAP-TTLS solution authenticating against either my
mysql or my active directory (I've been reading the ntlm authentication
through samba, and it's not something hard to set up).  This way I can have
server-side certificates only and have the users login with their usernames
and passwords.  What would, in your opinion, be better?  TTLS or PEAP?
Also, if I had a laptop for school-only use (say, for example, a laptop that
we provide for the users), in this case the wireless connection would ned to
be establish without user input (for example, have he machine connected
already so that the user can log into the machine through windows).  Could I
then still use either of these methods (and generate a client cert to log
in), or should I implement a different solution?

Thanks,

German Kalinec