TTLS-PAP authentication with LDAP bind

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jan 28 09:15:57 CET 2007

Richard Hesse wrote:

> If I force the Mac or Windows supplicants to use TTLS-PAP, the request is never
> passed to radiusd.

  The NAS is broken.

> I don't know what's going on but my AP (Aruba 200) seems to be detecting that
> something isn't right with its AAA server

  Disable the Aruba AAA server.  If you're using FreeRADIUS, you DO NOT
need the Aruba AAA server.

> and not passing the request on. If I change the supplicants to use their default
> settings, the requests are sent to FreeRadius, but the requests fail.
Again,
> the Aruba seems to think that something is wrong and presents its
> certificate instead of my server's.

  Disable the Aruba AAA server.

> Yes, I've run the server in debug mode (there are no requests coming in).

  Then the NAS is broken.

  It's not rocket science:  If FreeRADIUS isn't getting any requests,
then there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO to FreeRADIUS to fix the problem.

  The NAS is broken.  Disable its AAA server.  I can't emphasize that
enough.