failed login accounting with dialup admin

kemas k_henry at ramayana.co.id
Wed Jan 31 13:42:07 CET 2007

I have a small accounting problem with freeradius and dialup admin which
I can't find a way to solve it.

I've set freeradius to authenticate EAP-TLS, I want to log people who
failed to authenticate to mysql with rlm_sql, which will show in dialup
admin failed login page.

I put in radiusd.con post-auth section the sql module:
	Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
                #insert-module-name-here
                sql
        }

the post-auth query in sql.conf:
	postauth_query = "INSERT into ${postauth_table} (id, user, pass,
reply, date) values ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-
Password}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"

the sql query runs well, it put the failed login to the radpostauth
table but the dialup admin failed login page is searching to the radacct
table for the failed user which will never find it.

am I doing the right way to put the sql module inside the post-auth? or
should I put it in other section?

I don't want to change the postauth_query but is there any way to add
another query to put the data to radacct table?

thanks in advance