Proxy and clear-text password

Luis Galan radius at claranet.es
Mon Jul 2 18:28:58 CEST 2007

Hello!

The secret key between nas and radius1 is right.

In debug mode I receive a clear password:

Sending Access-Request of id 0 to radius2 port 1645
         User-Password = "estestA243"
         NAS-Identifier = "10.1.0.102"
         User-Name = "estest at domain1"
         Acct-Session-Id = "0000033C"
         Called-Station-Id = "908274434"
         Calling-Station-Id = "933326800"
         NAS-Port = 17236233
         NAS-Port-Type = Async
         Framed-Protocol = PPP
         Service-Type = Framed-User
         NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.102
         Proxy-State = 0x313832
--- Walking the entire request list ---

rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host radius2:1645, id=0, length=85
Received Access-Reject packet from client radius2 port 1645 with invalid
signature (err=2)!  (Shared secret is incorrect.) Dropping packet
without response.
Finished request 0

But, with tcpdump, I only see garbage and radius2 receive garbage.

And we have checked the secret key between radius1 and radius2 and it is
right. Radius2 detect the access-request as bad password request (it
receives grabage in the password)

There is others local users in radius1 working fine, using teh same nas
and shared secret.

thanks.

Luis