Installing FR 1.1.6

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.net
Thu Jul 5 17:48:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD 5.3 machine that I want to install Freeradius on. The
Freeradius that was in the ports on this machine was FR 1.0.1 and that was
kind of old so I updated the ports collection and now the FR port that I
have is Freeradius 1.1.6

When I typed make, I got this error:

On FreeBSD before 6.2 ports system unfortunately can not set default X11BASE
by itself so please help it a bit by setting X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in
make.conf.
On the other hand, if you do wish to use non-default X11BASE, please set
variable USE_NONDEFAULT_X11BASE.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Well...  there isn't a make.conf, but there is a Makefile, so I opened that
and put in X11BASE=${LOCALBASE}  With no indication of where in the Makefile
this ought to go, I just chose a spot.  I typed make again, this time I got
a little farthur, but ended up with the same error:

===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===>  Found saved configuration for freeradius-1.1.6
=> freeradius-1.1.6.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/.
freeradius-1.1.6.tar.bz2                      100% of 2011 kB  150 kBps
00m00s
===>  Extracting for freeradius-1.1.6
=> MD5 Checksum OK for freeradius-1.1.6.tar.bz2.
===>   freeradius-1.1.6 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.5 - found
===>   freeradius-1.1.6 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg_info - not
found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/sbin/pkg_info in
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg_install
On FreeBSD before 6.2 ports system unfortunately can not set default X11BASE
by itself so please help it a bit by setting X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in
make.conf.
On the other hand, if you do wish to use non-default X11BASE, please set
variable USE_NONDEFAULT_X11BASE.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/freeradius.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/freeradius.

I've tried using a tab  (X11BASE=    ${LOCALBASE} instead of
X11BASE=${LOCALBASE}) but that didn't work.

I'ld sure appreciate some help getting past this error. Thanks,

Lisa Casey