FR + AD host/ machine/ workstation authentication

Jacob Jarick mem.namefix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 08:14:56 CEST 2007

Im after some documentation on setting up host authentication on
freeradius (or an example config).

This url here looks like what I need
http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10100693.html but their
instructions are pretty lousy "For machine-based authentication or
user based authentication, modify the RADIUSD.CONF file by adding the
following lines:" doesnt say where or what section to add said lines
to and we all know how touchy the radiusd.conf file is.

My files are configured according to this howto:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO
and user authentication is working fine.

I need host/ machine authentication for laptops that will connect
wirelessly to a domain (<- need machine auth) before logon.

Thanks in advance.