Interim-Updates

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Jul 11 21:32:58 CEST 2007

On Wed 11 Jul 2007, Irina wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We enabled Cisco NAS to send Interim-Updates to the radius server,  once
> an hour.  Everything is great except for the following.
>
> There are users that use a lot of bandwidth.  Seems, NAS wraps
> Acct-Input-Octets and Acct-Output-Octets at 4 GB.  We have few users that
> may have their bandwidth reset to 0 within hour.  When next
> Interim-Updates is sent, we don't have a proper number.
>
> Do I miss something in Radius configuration?
>
> Or is something that has to be handled by NAS?
>
> Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Irina

Please check your accounting detail file. If the records have
Acct-Input-Gigawords and Acct-Output-Gigawords in them, then your NAS is
sending you the extra information you need when the 32bit counts wrap but
you are not logging that info to your sql database.

The default postgresql configuration has handled Acct-*-Gigawords correctly
for several years, but we only recently updates the MySQL configuration to
do so. The next release 1.1.7 (and/or 2.0) will have the correct support by
default for mysql, but in the mean time you should replace your sql.conf (I
am assuming that you are using mysql) with the one from current cvs

Regards

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/