certificates for TLS Tunnel (peap mschap v2 authentication)

julien blanc blanc.julien at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:35:41 CEST 2007

hi !

I'd like to set up an authentication system (for wireless clients) based on
freeradius.

I'm using a DC windows 2003 with Active Directory to manage my users and
groups... i know ... its baaaad :-) but i don't have the choice !

I have built a linux server (fedora core 5), with freeradius, a kerberos
client, samba and winbind to reach my domain. No problems so far.

I'd like to authenticate my supplicants with PEAP-MSCHAP v2  and so i must
set up a PKI for the TLS tunnel.

My problem is here. I don't know how to use certificates in the freeradius
directory:
root.pem, root.p12, root.der
cert-clt.pem, cert-clt.p12, cert-clt.der
cert-srv.pem, cert-srv.p12, cert-srv.der

any advice ... suggestions or anything else ???

Thanks !

Julien