Interim-Updates

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Thu Jul 12 22:44:34 CEST 2007

Irina said
> I need to apply it according to this document
>     http://www.netexpertise.eu/en/FreeRadius/DailyAcct.html
>
> Could someone reply with simple yes/no answers?  I am going to do it on a
> life server.  Please.

Firstly, I strongly recommend you set up a test copy of FR with its own test
db, and work on that with a test client, before laying hands on your live
server.  Just my $0.02, but you could avoid a lot of pain and heartache that
way.  Might take an hour or so to set up, but worth the effort.

> 1.  Can I issue mysql queries while radius is running?

Yes.

> 2.  Can I issue PROCEDURE queries at MYSQL prompt (including comments?),
> or
> should I save it to a file fist then run like
>     mysql -uroot -prootpass radius < sql.file

Either.

> 3.  In the document
>     "Note Don't forget to redefine the delimiter before and after the
> procedure or you'll get an error!"
> Is it part of PROCEDURE sql statements.  Or...  not sure what it means
>     "to redefine the delimiter"

The normal SQL command delimiter is the ;, but the stored procedures you
will be defining use ; as an end of line delimiter.  So before you enter the
procedures, you have to tell MySQL to use something else as the command
delimiter:

mysql> delimiter ^
mysql> show tables^
+------------------+
| Tables_in_radius |

... then switch it back to ; when you are done.  If you cat the commands
from a file (as per your Q2), you'll need to add the delimiter command to
the start of the file.

> 4.  In sql.conf file, do I replace only accounting_update_query
> Why asking?  There are other "_alt" queries.  I don't need to touch them,
> do
> I?

Nope.

> Thank you for your help in advance.