Reccomended switches for dynamic vlans

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sun Jul 15 18:57:28 CEST 2007

On Sun 15 Jul 2007, Hugh Messenger wrote:
> Arran said:
> > Peter said:
> > > Maybe we should call the DB colum disconnect-key or something
> > > similar...
> >
> > Sounds good :)
>
> I'll third that.  Maybe even VendorDisconnectKey, which pretty much sums
> it up.
>
> Peter - would you be changing that today, to make the 1.1.7 release?  I
> have a few hours reserved this afternoon to finish off the MySQL testing,
> so I'm up for it.

Yep. The problem I have with this change though is that what are the other
vendor disconnect keys? If you read the RFC it doesn't specify a specific
key (Alan has been holding ongoing discussions about this on the ietf-radext
list), just that there should be enough info to identify the correct
session. As Cisco also uses it (and Juniper from AFAIK) XAscendSessionSvrKey
has become a de-facto standard along with MS-Primary-DNS-Server and its ilk.
Given that it is possible to send and have work a Disconnect-Request
containing only a User-Name and there is no-where specified that there
should be an individual session key I am not sure its worth changing unless
someone can come up with a concrete example of a vendor who uses a session
key thats different.... Is there?

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon