FreeRadius and User-Password from Cisco Device

nicolaskarp at free.fr nicolaskarp at free.fr
Mon Jul 16 12:16:22 CEST 2007

Hello,

Here a access-request packet from a Cisco Router (2621) :
        NAS-IP-Address = "IP_NAS"
        NAS-Port = 66
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        User-Name = "MyUserLogin"
        Calling-Station-Id = "IP NAS"
        User-Password = "ry\My\Pass/Wo\rd\Hash\Not\Plain\Text`"

Why is my password not in plain text ? With other cisco devices (Switch 2960 for
example), the User-Password is in plain text.. If I receive a hashed password,
the authentication doesn't work..

My AAA configuration :
       aaa new-model
       aaa authentication login default group radius line
       aaa authentication login console line
       aaa authorization exec default group radius none
       aaa authorization network default group radius
       aaa accounting exec default start-stop group radius
       aaa accounting connection default start-stop group radius

What can I do ?

Thanks for your help !

Nicos.