1.1.7 problem with DEFAULT Auth-Type

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Tue Jul 17 00:36:11 CEST 2007

I just had my first aborted attempt at running 1.1.7 on one of my live
servers.

Main problem is it just refuses to pick up the .

DEFAULT Auth-Type = pam

        Fall-Through = 1

. in my users file, which is pretty much my entire users file, the only
other entry is the standard PPP default entry.  Everything else is in SQL.

Unfortunately, I panicked after 5 mins of flailing around and reinstalled
1.1.6, and neglected to copy the -X output, which has since scrolled off the
edge of the world.  However, it definitely never printed any "Matched entry
DEFAULT" lines, and complained that no Auth-Type was set.

The same users file works fine in 1.1.6.

   -- hugh