1.1.7 MySQL postauth_query

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Tue Jul 17 10:37:19 CEST 2007

On Tue 17 Jul 2007, Hugh Messenger wrote:
> I seem to recall having this problem when I first ran 1.1.6.  The
> postauth_query is:
>

>         postauth_query = "INSERT into ${postauth_table} (id, user, pass,
> reply, date) values ('', '%{User-Name}',
> '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"
>

> . but MySQL barfs about an invalid 'id' value.  Maybe this is down to my
> schema . but surely, being an auto increment, we just don't need to
> specify the 'id' in the INSERT?
>

> I've modified it at my end to just be .
>

>         postauth_query = "INSERT into ${postauth_table} (user, pass,
> reply, date) values ('%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',
> '%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"
>

> . which works fine.

Thanks. I did actually see, and wonder about that yesterday but as no-one had
complained about it I figured mysql dealt with it somehow. (I didn't test
the auth queries in my mysql testing as I hadn't made any extensive changes
to them like I did with acct.)

Its fixed now in both branch and head.

Cheers

--