radius log file problem

Tevfik Kiziloren tevfikkiziloren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:40:53 CEST 2007

I have a radius server working properly.

However i can't see any log information within the radius.log file.

I configured related part of my radius.conf file as below:

prefix = /usr
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
sysconfdir = /etc
localstatedir = /var
sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
logdir = ${localstatedir}/log/radius
raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb
radacctdir = ${logdir}/radacct

#  Location of config and logfiles.
confdir = ${raddbdir}
run_dir = ${localstatedir}/run/radiusd

#
#  The logging messages for the server are appended to the
#  tail of this file.
#

log_file = ${logdir}/radius.log

#  Log the full User-Name attribute, as it was found in the request.
#
# allowed values: {no, yes}
#
log_stripped_names = no

#  Log authentication requests to the log file.
#
#  allowed values: {no, yes}
#

log_auth = yes

#  Log passwords with the authentication requests.
#   log_auth_badpass  - logs password if it's rejected
#  log_auth_goodpass - logs password if it's correct
#
#  allowed values: {no, yes}
#
log_auth_badpass = yes
log_auth_goodpass = yes

I could not see what's wrong with it.

What could be the reason of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Tevfik Kızılören