WPA2/AES + MSCHAPv2 + FreeRADIUS + NO AD/LDAP - Help w/ Local Config

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Fri Jul 20 23:24:43 CEST 2007

Cregester said:
> fact that it keeps inserting the computer name in front of the username.
> For
> example MYCOMPUTER\Bob. This is a problem because I just want usernames to
> authenticate no matter what computer they access from. Bob should be able
> authenticate from a number of PCs.

Not sure if this is the problem, but did you enable this in the mschap
module section of radiusd.conf:

                # Windows sends us a username in the form of
                # DOMAIN\user, but sends the challenge response
                # based on only the user portion.  This hack
                # corrects for that incorrect behavior.
                #
                with_ntdomain_hack = yes

   -- hugh