Auth-Type in post-auth SQL insert

Brad Robel-Forrest brad at altusnetworks.com
Fri Jul 27 19:17:10 CEST 2007

I'm pretty new to FreeRADIUS so I apologize if this is a really basic
question. I've searched around quite a bit and have been unable to
locate an answer.

I've successfully configured FreeRADIUS to use a SQL driver for
authentication checks as well as inserting records via the post-auth
query. Is there a runtime variable that I can reference to save the
Auth-Type used for authenticating the user during post-auth? I've
tried what I thought to be the obvious (e.g. %{Auth-Type}) but that
doesn't seem to be available (just inserts an empty string).
Essentially, I'd like to catalog the type of authentication that was
used for authorizing a user (assuming it was successful, of course).
For example, user Joe authenticated via PAP.

   -brad