SQL usage ideas

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jul 29 22:42:43 CEST 2007

Hi,
> Well if you understand server/client systems, no client request is INIFINATELY faster than a server cached request.  So when you get to the point where you need to handle several hundred requests a second, you do the math.

depends on how the SQL tables are indexed, how the server is configured
etc etc - certainly I've got some very complex queries that upon benchmarking
against a million entries can run in less than 0.00 (ie MySQL basic
counter in seconds isnt good enough to measure ;-) )

but if you want to take your data, then cache it in memory rather than
query it.....well, that sounds much like having it in memory and not
in a database at all - ie 'fastusers' and the such...rather than a
database as we know it.

alan