Freeradius as a proxy to Windows IAS - not solved after all :-(

Clive Gould clive at ce.bromley.ac.uk
Tue Jul 31 20:52:39 CEST 2007

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the help and advice so far :-)

I have installed freeradius 1.1.7 and get the appended message when I try
to use it as a proxy between a Linux/Moodle/PHP radius client and a
Windows IAS server. The shared secrets are definitely the same.

The Linux/Moodle/PHP radius client authenticates directly with the Windows
IAS server without any problems, but it will not authenticate with the
freeradius proxy in between!

I need a working freeradius proxy.

Help...

Clive

Sending Access-Request of id 0 to 10.200.0.2 port 1812
        NAS-Identifier = "vle.bromley.ac.uk"
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Calling-Station-Id = "127.0.0.1"
        User-Name = "cliveg at staff.bromley.local"
        MS-CHAP2-Response = removed from message
        MS-CHAP-Challenge = removed from message
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.200.0.14
        Proxy-State = 0x3832
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 6 seconds...
rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 10.200.0.2:1812, id=0, length=235
Received Access-Accept packet from client 10.200.0.2 port 1812 with
invalid signature (err=2)!  (Shared secret is incorrect.) Dropping packet
without response.