Ldap group troubles

Dourty, Brian R. (IATS) DourtyB at missouri.edu
Tue Jun 5 21:50:43 CEST 2007

I'm having some trouble with the ldap group configuration against AD and
need a little help.

Freeradius 1.1.4

MS 2003 Active Directory

radiusd.conf

                groupname_attribute = "cn"

                groupmembership_filter = "(member=%{Ldap-UserDn})"

               groupmembership_attribute = memberOf

users file

DEFAULT Ldap-Group == "CN= CSG
Group,OU=CSG,OU=ACE,OU=IATS,OU=MU,DC=col,DC=missouri,DC=edu", Auth-Type
:= LDAP

Using ldapsearch as follows I get a match.

ldapsearch -x  -W -b"CN=Some GROUP,OU=" "(member= CN=Last\\\, First
\(Department\),CN=Users,DC=col,DC=missouri,DC=edu)"

The userDN actually looks like "CN=Last\, First
(Department),CN=Users,DC=col,DC=missouri,DC=edu" but we have escape the
\ and the () for bash.

Freeradius isn't getting the same results. It looks like it has to do
with the fact that the UserDN has a \, and (...) in it. Has anyone else
ran into this before?

Thanks,

Brian Dourty

System Administrator - Team Lead