To check Simultaneous against 2 NASes

Irina irina at nas.net
Tue Jun 12 22:48:04 CEST 2007

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your reply.

Checked in radiusd.conf, in "session" section I do use sql for Simultaneous.

Checked in sql.conf, there are 2 queries for Simultaneous:
"simul_count_query" and "simul_verify_query".  Are they both needed to get
Simultaneous working?  A question would be more about "simul_verify_query".
Is it used for Simultaneous as well?

If only "simul_count_query" is used for Simultaneous, it does check by
UserName.  I therefore don't need to change anything in here, do I?

Simultaneous with MySQL is working, I think.

My question was if a user connects through NAS1, then authentication goes
through radius server, radius sees the user is connected (AcctStopTime = 0),
it then uses "checkrad" to check against NAS1 if the user is actually still
connected.

The problem is we have 2 NASes.  How can I check if a user is connected (or
not connected) on NAS1 and NAS2?

Sorry if I confused you with my English (I wish it was better :-))

Kindest Regards,
Irina Kalachnikova
Systems Programmer
NetAccess Systems Inc.